- 1/2 (14.1-oz.) pkg. refrigerated piecrusts (such as Pillsbury) (1 crust)
- 1 (8-oz.) container whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest, plus 1 Tbsp. fresh juice (from 1 orange), divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound medium-size fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jelly
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Press piecrust into a 9-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom, trimming any excess dough. Prick bottom and sides of piecrust with a fork. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.Unroll piecrust, and carefully place in a 9-inch fluted tart pan, pressing into bottom and up sides. Trim excess dough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Whisk together ricotta, sugar, orange zest, and salt in a large bowl. Pour mixture into cooled tart shell. Place 1 strawberry in center of ricotta mixture with pointed end facing up. Cut remaining strawberries in half lengthwise, and arrange strawberry halves in concentric circles around center strawberry, leaning pointed end of strawberries inward. Refrigerate tart while preparing glaze.
- Bring strawberry jelly and orange juice to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high. Cook, stirring constantly, until jelly has loosened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Brush jelly mixture lightly over strawberries. Refrigerate tart 1 hour; remove from pan just before serving.